Skip to main content

Post Games

Well I rested for three days before getting back into it again. And I have been inconsistent since. There has just been so much going on it seems! I was sore after the games, but not for as long as I thought I was going to be. I only needed one day rest maybe two. Three was almost too much, but I like to rest.

06-01-09
"Kelly"
5 Rounds for time:
400m run
30 Box jump 20"
30 Wall ball 14# 10ft

31:48

Due to a large class I did wall ball first.
Slow again. I crashed on round 3 box jumps I was so tired. I think my last run was faster than the previous 3 though. I was hoping for under 30 but was worried it would take 35. I'll take 31 and change. I did consider going light in the wall ball for speed, but its really the run that takes me the longest. I am trying to not hate running while running, but its so dang hard not to.

05-31-09
CFT (CrossFit Total)

Back Squat 205-225-235 PR
Shoulder press 95-100-107F
Deadlift 255-265-270PR-300PR!

So there was only supposed to be 3 attempts in the events however while doing my warm ups 255 was HARD, so was 265 my old pr, the 270# was EASY. I had no idea what was going on so Jenna announced I was going to do 300#, which I was skeptical, but I was going to try. I got it! There was no video so I did it again. Both time the weights fell off nearing the top, we can't fit 300# on the women's bar with clips so at the struggled at the top some fell off my left side. However I think if they were secure I still would have got it. I couldn't believe I did it! Form wasn't great, but I have done worse with less. I am very excited about it. Funny thing, it felt no harder than 255# or 265# felt that day. I think I got the 105# press in boulder because I used a women's bar. That definitely helped in the deadlift.

05-30-09
21-15-9
Wall Ball 14# 10ft
Burpees

5:17

I couldn't think of a better WOD to do. This was the beginner's workout.

05-29-09
Rest

I did a day of light back squat, somewhere in here, but it was hurting my guts so I didn't go long or heavy. The compression from the weigh felt like my ribs where going to poke out on the right side. Weird. I've been busy at my other job, well mostly stressed so I have been lazy. Plus Jenna's was out of town this week, so my days have been really long and I just want to go home at the end of the day.

05-28-09
For time:
35 Pullups
35 Burpees

5:15

This was supposed to be 50 and 50 but I was trying to go fast so I lightened up the pullups since those are evil to me. I think I could have done all 50 in under 10min though. Pullups felt bad. I have a hard time on the smaller bar. I am being such a wimp I guess.

05-26-09
4 Rounds For Time:
200m Run
10 Goblet Squats 16kg
15 Kettlebell Swings 16kg

8:15

Still slow.

05-25-09
Memorial Day --rested to get back on with main page 3 on 1 off
I think that I was my reasoning.

05-24-2009
"Helen"
3 rounds For time
400m Run
21 KB swings 16kg
12 Pullups

12:58

Blech. I am so slow.

05-22-2009
For time:
75# Sumo Deadlift High Pull, 20 reps
20 Handstand Pushups
75# Sumo Deadlift High Pull, 20 reps
20 Handstand Pushups
75# Thruster, 20 reps
20 Deadhang Pullups
75# Thruster, 20 reps
20 Deadhang Pullups

25:35

I used 1 abmat for HSPU and red band for dead hangs

That was so hard. I dislike the HSPU very much I would do 3 in a row great and then I couldn't do one. I'd fail it 3 times and then do one like it was almost easy. I am not sure what changed to make it so much easier for that time. This happened a lot during this workout. Dead hangs I tried with no band. I got maybe 3 before I switched or I'd still be there now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fran and a Rant

I'm still running around busy as usual and not really training. I have been having trouble in my front squats. The right side of my back feels like its about to blow when I hit 195# in sets of three. The first one goes alright but the next two are frightening. I haven't gone up in weight for fear I will really pull something. Plus its really hard! I am pretty sure I have done over 205# for three to five. But I also thought that was on vimeo but I guess that was only like 165# or 175# so maybe I really haven't done sets at 205. Hmmm. I set a max pullup record. Old record was like 11 or 12, got 16 the other day. I think I could have done more if I regripped a little better but I lost it and fell off. I am still horrible at pullups. And finally I attempted "Fran" today (21-15-9 reps of 65# thrusters and pullps for time) I was dreading this. I can't even remember the last time I did this I think it has been over 6 months but I know my time was 6:46. I was hop

This was AWESOME!

I tried the intro to trapeze a few weeks ago, but his was a lot more intense! I went to an aerial fabric dancing workshop. This was very challenging but a lot of fun. Especially because have a problem with being up high (I wouldn't say I am afraid of heights- I just happen to panic when I notice I am up high that's all). I don't think I would have been able to do this had I not gone climbing/bouldering a few weeks ago and got a little more comfortable with my strength and trusting myself.  Also I officially climbed the rope at the gym for the first time the day before, again the up high thing.  So the first picture I am doing the 'gazelle' (?)oh  I wish I had pointed my toes.  The next pictures I don't know what the moves were called but I got to do a drop.  You get your legs wrapped in the fabric (the diaper- wow uncomfortable- you can see my butt being squished), and you have to pull yourself up, pull your legs through, cross and pull legs through again.  Th

Feeling tired

Well after my 2k I started to get a bit of a tickle in my lungs.   I thought maybe it was a little left over "Grace" lung from a few days prior, but thinking back I felt like pooh after my 2k like shaky and achy.  The next day I was really sore and achy too.  It was a downhill spiral after that.  My dear friend Erika from Tacoma, WA came to visit me!  I thought it had only been a year or two since I last saw her, it has been 6!!  Too long!  She came to visit and I proceeded to cough more and sound worse.  I got an awful rough sounding voice from all my coughing. After my throat healed up the cough changed and suddenly my ribs felt like they were going to bust.  In particular the right side, which I cracked in high school, but no lump this time.  Then last week on the car ride home to ND my left side started to ache.  I tired to workout at home the first day went alright, the second was painful and slow, and my rib was quite angry after wards. I am thinking in one