Skip to main content

I heart rest days

090609
21-15-9
Sumo Deadlift High Pull
Ring Dips

4:46
used red band for dips...sigh
It has been forever since I have done dips in a WOD! I have not missed them. I pounded out 15 in a round in first round, and after that I was hard to get 2 or 3. It seems like I was not the only one with that problem in this WOD. Dips became singles very quickly for everyone. I thought it was just being sore from the all the push ups the day before. I am a sore little girl in my pecks today. However my head turns to the left more comfortably again! On the bright side today is a rest day, aaaaaaaahh!


090608
2 Cleans 65#
20 Push ups
4 Cleans
18 push ups
6 cleans
16 push ups
8.....14 down to
20 cleans
2 push ups

15:12
This wasn't as difficult as I was expecting. I thought it was going to take me closer to 18 or 20 min. I didn't think my pushups would be that fast. At least for me. I did my first 15 unbroken, in warm ups I have a hard time doing 10! ha. Cleans I did unbroken until 18 which I did twice because counting is not a strong suit of mine. I also did at least 20 pushups in round two as well. Today I can hardly move my head to the left. I blame the pushups. Forgot my purse at home, no lunch for me however it wasn't as agonizing as it usual is.


090607
2x200m sprints

30.28 seconds
31.25 seconds


AMRAP in 10 min
7 wall ball
7 burpee

10 rounds with about 5-10 seconds to spare.
I rested a bit in between the sprints waiting for a guy to get out of his car and in the building so my dog wouldn't follow him. On the way back definitely felt a lot slower.
My shoulders were so tired picking up the wall ball was hard to make myself do in the middle rounds. I rested in-between burpees and wall ball mostly. Around round 7 I made myself not stop on wall ball, must do that more.

090606
ahhh rest

090605
10 Rounds for time
7 pullups
7 burpees

under 8min for 7 rounds? or was it 8 rounds? either way I tore my hand so I stopped.

did my first 7 in a row then fought to get 2-4. The first burpee was always the hardest (in the set of 7) and then I could pound the rest out. Need to work on my death grip on the bar and go back to putting my thumb around.

090604
"FRAN"
21-15-9
Thrusters 65#
Pullups

6:46

last pr was 7:14? ish. I still rested a lot. I did 21 and 9 thrusters unbroken. and 15 in 8 and 7. Pull ups as always a disaster. got 7 or 8 off the bat then 2-4 from there out. Its a PR I should be happy.

My insurance office's building is owned and ran by the Senior Center. They have seniors apartments, and the Center all in the same building as me. They have just asked me to do a presentation about renters insurance for them! Why its important to the landlord and the TENANT! I am pretty excited, although nervous that I won't speak loud or clear enough to be understood. I also have just put in my application with Assurant Health Care to sell health insurance. I am excited to see where these two events lead me!

090603
4 Rounds for time
5 HSPU
10 HPC 95#
25 Squats

7:31
HSPU to 1 ab mat
Need to work on HSPU that extra inch without the abmat make it dang near impossible. I also have not done a dip in I don't know how long. Must work those as well.

090602
Rest

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fran and a Rant

I'm still running around busy as usual and not really training. I have been having trouble in my front squats. The right side of my back feels like its about to blow when I hit 195# in sets of three. The first one goes alright but the next two are frightening. I haven't gone up in weight for fear I will really pull something. Plus its really hard! I am pretty sure I have done over 205# for three to five. But I also thought that was on vimeo but I guess that was only like 165# or 175# so maybe I really haven't done sets at 205. Hmmm. I set a max pullup record. Old record was like 11 or 12, got 16 the other day. I think I could have done more if I regripped a little better but I lost it and fell off. I am still horrible at pullups. And finally I attempted "Fran" today (21-15-9 reps of 65# thrusters and pullps for time) I was dreading this. I can't even remember the last time I did this I think it has been over 6 months but I know my time was 6:46. I was hop

This was AWESOME!

I tried the intro to trapeze a few weeks ago, but his was a lot more intense! I went to an aerial fabric dancing workshop. This was very challenging but a lot of fun. Especially because have a problem with being up high (I wouldn't say I am afraid of heights- I just happen to panic when I notice I am up high that's all). I don't think I would have been able to do this had I not gone climbing/bouldering a few weeks ago and got a little more comfortable with my strength and trusting myself.  Also I officially climbed the rope at the gym for the first time the day before, again the up high thing.  So the first picture I am doing the 'gazelle' (?)oh  I wish I had pointed my toes.  The next pictures I don't know what the moves were called but I got to do a drop.  You get your legs wrapped in the fabric (the diaper- wow uncomfortable- you can see my butt being squished), and you have to pull yourself up, pull your legs through, cross and pull legs through again.  Th

Feeling tired

Well after my 2k I started to get a bit of a tickle in my lungs.   I thought maybe it was a little left over "Grace" lung from a few days prior, but thinking back I felt like pooh after my 2k like shaky and achy.  The next day I was really sore and achy too.  It was a downhill spiral after that.  My dear friend Erika from Tacoma, WA came to visit me!  I thought it had only been a year or two since I last saw her, it has been 6!!  Too long!  She came to visit and I proceeded to cough more and sound worse.  I got an awful rough sounding voice from all my coughing. After my throat healed up the cough changed and suddenly my ribs felt like they were going to bust.  In particular the right side, which I cracked in high school, but no lump this time.  Then last week on the car ride home to ND my left side started to ache.  I tired to workout at home the first day went alright, the second was painful and slow, and my rib was quite angry after wards. I am thinking in one