Skip to main content

I can't help it, I am a busy person

I have been traveling, and trying to catch up on work. I was hoping I would feel refreshed after 10 days off, but it feels like I never left. I am constantly trying to catch up. However I did have a good time in Florida! I met a lot of Michael's friends and is families away from home! They came from all over and were so friendly! If they are ever in Montana, I hope they know they have a place to stay!

05-05-09

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Game qualifier WOD

21-15-9
Snatch 65#
Pull Ups Chest to Bar

14:59

Whew made the game time cutoff however about 5-8 of my pull ups weren't quite Chest to Bar. On the bright side I felt really sluggish warming up, but my pull ups felt really strong. Not fast, but strong. I did them in sets of 3-4 they were a little easier to connect than last week. So yay for that. I was really tired today I woke up about 3 am and tossed and turned til 5 when the alarm went off. I was thinking about work, the CrossFit games qualifiers, work more, and other aches and pains. I think I would do better if I could stop dreaming about work. It keeps me up quite often. I guess 40s a week in the office isn't enough I have to dream about it too!

05-04-09

Push Press
7-7-7


75-95-100

I had no idea where to start. I did jerk a few, I think was rushing it and jerking it made it faster and easier. I can't really feel it when I do it though. Next time I think I can do more :)

05-03-09

ah rest.

Went to Church for the first time in 5 months. 2nd time in 10 months or so. I think they were waiting for me, the sermon seemed to be tailored to me. Hmmm.

05-02-09

4 Rounds for Time of:
400m Run
21 Thrusters 65#
12 Burpees


19:46

I need to be more aggressive in my runs. I can do them I am faster, must not hold back in fear of getting tired. Duh.

05-01-09

Snatch
1-1-1-1-1-1


Did some at 55-85-95-105 in the am
then more with 55 and 85 that night.
Worked on form mostly. I have put 115 slowly, but easily over my head. My form need work before I put more weight up. I need to pull slower in the beginning, don't pull with my arms, fully open my hips and get under faster. That's all.

04-30-09

7 Rounds for Time
5 Pull ups CTB
10 KB Swings
25 Squats


8:22

My pull ups were so slow. I couldn't connect for the life of me. I am fighting my swing down and starting from scratch with every pull up.

04-29-09

Ok resting today to get back on 3 on 1 off cycle.

04-28-09

Fly home, lazy no WOD

04-27-09

21-15-09
Sumo Deadlift High Pull 95#
Ring Dips (red band for me)

9:27

04-26-09

Too much fun, got lazy no workout!

04-25-09

Rest and Wedding!
Congrats to my brother, Michael and my new sister, Kimberly! Now you can move to Montana!


04-24-09

3 rounds for time
800m run
50 Sit ups
30 95# dead lifts


25:27

Now I have to run in the heat?! As much as running is not comfortable for me it felt like the best 800s I have ever done.
Happy Birthday Daddy! Just for you I sat on the beach all day! Hope you like the cake at the Celebration Dinner!


04-23-09

Some days I shake my fist at CrossFit for making me do ridiculous workouts. This was one of those days. Not only is this long and hard, (stupid knees to elbows), but they have to put it on the page when I am down in Florida. Its 40 degrees hotter than I am currently used to working out in and humidity whats that?! Heat and I don't always get along so well especially while exercising. I like my dry Montana weather. In Florida you think about the WOD and sweat. I know I am whining a bit because its only April! I know it gets a billion degrees hotter and more humid! Ok another least favorite WOD.....

"Filthy 50"
50 Box jumps (24" box I tried setups)
50 Jumping Pull ups
50 Kettle Bell Swings (16kg)
50 Walking Lunges
50 Knees to Elbows
50 Push Press (45#)
50 Back Extensions
50 Wall Ball (10ft 14# ball)
50 Burpees
50 Double Unders


36:22

Last time I did this it took me 33:55 20" box, with 8kg KB, 35# push press, my box for jumping pull ups was taller, we also did Romanian Deadlifts for back extensions. I am pretty sure knees to elbows were more like knees to armpit or belly button. This time I had to battle heat and humidity. I had to sit during the wall balls, it was that or fall over, I was so hot. I couldn't get the heat out of my head, but my belly was cold. Ok enough sob story lets talk about the beach instead! Wheeeee!



Deadlift
1-1-1-1-1-1


I did not do 1-1-1-1-1 there was no rhyme or reason to the reps, just working on form. I still drop my hips too much apparently. So I worked on pushing through the middle of my feet and using my lats to keep the bar in. I did up to 195 a few times 185 mostly and some larger sets of 135. By the time I got down to 135 a set of 5 was completely exhausting.

04-21-09
Rest Day!

04-20-09

Back Squat
3-3-3-3-3


Michael taught me the low bar position. It was really awkward at first and my shoulders were really tight from DT and Angie. I did 185# for all the rounds. My last set of reps the low bar finally felt more comfortable, and made my last effort the easiest.


04-19-2009
Didn't sleep much tonight. Had to pack for FLORIDA! Didn't eat all day either.

Angie (but only 1/2) for me
50 pull ups
50 push ups
50 sit ups
50 squats


15:38

slow. one of my least favorite wods.

04-18-2009

"DT"
5 Rounds for Time of
12 Deadlifts 105#
9 Hang Power Cleans 105#
6 Push Jerks 105#


12:03

Comments

Ev said…
Found you through Jenna's blog. You're amazing and super inspiring. Awesome.

Popular posts from this blog

Fran and a Rant

I'm still running around busy as usual and not really training. I have been having trouble in my front squats. The right side of my back feels like its about to blow when I hit 195# in sets of three. The first one goes alright but the next two are frightening. I haven't gone up in weight for fear I will really pull something. Plus its really hard! I am pretty sure I have done over 205# for three to five. But I also thought that was on vimeo but I guess that was only like 165# or 175# so maybe I really haven't done sets at 205. Hmmm. I set a max pullup record. Old record was like 11 or 12, got 16 the other day. I think I could have done more if I regripped a little better but I lost it and fell off. I am still horrible at pullups. And finally I attempted "Fran" today (21-15-9 reps of 65# thrusters and pullps for time) I was dreading this. I can't even remember the last time I did this I think it has been over 6 months but I know my time was 6:46. I was hop

This was AWESOME!

I tried the intro to trapeze a few weeks ago, but his was a lot more intense! I went to an aerial fabric dancing workshop. This was very challenging but a lot of fun. Especially because have a problem with being up high (I wouldn't say I am afraid of heights- I just happen to panic when I notice I am up high that's all). I don't think I would have been able to do this had I not gone climbing/bouldering a few weeks ago and got a little more comfortable with my strength and trusting myself.  Also I officially climbed the rope at the gym for the first time the day before, again the up high thing.  So the first picture I am doing the 'gazelle' (?)oh  I wish I had pointed my toes.  The next pictures I don't know what the moves were called but I got to do a drop.  You get your legs wrapped in the fabric (the diaper- wow uncomfortable- you can see my butt being squished), and you have to pull yourself up, pull your legs through, cross and pull legs through again.  Th

Feeling tired

Well after my 2k I started to get a bit of a tickle in my lungs.   I thought maybe it was a little left over "Grace" lung from a few days prior, but thinking back I felt like pooh after my 2k like shaky and achy.  The next day I was really sore and achy too.  It was a downhill spiral after that.  My dear friend Erika from Tacoma, WA came to visit me!  I thought it had only been a year or two since I last saw her, it has been 6!!  Too long!  She came to visit and I proceeded to cough more and sound worse.  I got an awful rough sounding voice from all my coughing. After my throat healed up the cough changed and suddenly my ribs felt like they were going to bust.  In particular the right side, which I cracked in high school, but no lump this time.  Then last week on the car ride home to ND my left side started to ache.  I tired to workout at home the first day went alright, the second was painful and slow, and my rib was quite angry after wards. I am thinking in one