Skip to main content

Giant Arm

Already neglecting this poor thing. I need to get in a better habit of getting pictures and remembering times before I head to Livingston, or big gaps like this happen. Since I have a few WODS (work out of the day) to post I am going to put the most recent first so they stay in order. Its a quick and rare glimpse of me trying to be organized.


090406
"Cindy"
As many rounds as possible (AMRAP) in 20 min of:
5 Pullups
10 Pushups
15 Squats

12 Rounds
PR
(personal record) by 2 rounds


This was ok. My shoulder and arm felt weird. My right side has been really tight and sore the past few days and today it felt off too. Today it felt swollen almost. From my bicep to thumb. It felt like it was 2x the size of my other arm. I measured, its not. On a good note I did around 60% of my pullups with getting my Chest to the bar. I haven't been able to do that in a WOD yet so I was pleased. I wasn't even trying. Like round 4 or 5 it just happened. However I still struggle with connecting my pull ups I have got 3 in a row down, 4 sometimes, 5 rarely.

090405
"Rest Day"
4x400m Sprints
1:27
1:36
1:36
1:34


I start out so fast and quickly fizzle. I think I could have done my first one faster, but none of the others. My first round, Mikey, the playful puppy thought we were playing. I kicked him at least 2 times with my back foot, and he stopped right in front of me another 2, I know I lost a little time there. I would like to do this on a straightway or track sometime. Right now I think our 400 is a little short and we have to stop and turn around. I changed something with the way I ran after the first two. I don't know what it was but it felt different. I was trying really hard to keep a longer stride so I kept moving forward. I don't know if that is the right thing to do, but I feel I start taking baby steps and quit moving forward when I get tired. I was trying to prevent that. My shins got tight on the last two, as well. Once I my heart rate slowed down again I was instantly ready for a nap. I went to bed about 9:30 and I don't think I moved until about 5 am. I have been sleeping so hard lately. I think I bus could go through the room and I wouldn't notice. I didn't always sleep this hard, weird.

Alright quick break from WOD talk. Here is a video of me front squatting 185# x 3. I went for 190 and nailed the first one, but crashed on two. Last week in sets of 5 I got 165#, but crashed mid way through 170#. I haven't gone for a 1 rep max in a loooooong time so I am happy with my 3 rep. Sorry for the name, Jenna thinks she is funny.

Front squat a metric $hit T0n from Meriah on Vimeo.

090404
"Elizabeth"
21-15-9
95# Cleans
Ring dips

12:09
red band for ring dips


I dislike ring dips with a deep fiery passion. They are unbelievably hard for me. I finally have been able to do 1 dip without assistance, that only took 14 months. I thought I could do this WOD with the purple band (which we call the crutch), but I did 2 and it was so hard. I did another 2 and almost hit muscle failure. I switched back to red band, disappointingly. I also can't stand the way the bands feel on my shins. It irritates me. I would much rather not have to use it. One of my goals is to do all the WODS at the games as prescribed ("Rx'd") but one of the qualifiers had ring dips in it, no guarantee that mine will but I have to get strong there fast to make that goal! I should probably get muscle ups by then too, ahh!

On a side note I went to an acupuncturist for the first time today. It was odd, but I think I really like it and it helped. I have got some tight shoulders right now and it felt like it alleviated a lot or tension. Massages were leaving them still tight, but this seemed to really help. I hope to go back this week!


090403
21-15-9
65# Thrusters
Burpees

6:53



Wow that hurt. I was hoping for under 10min so I was very pleased with this time. Plus anytime I can keep up with Jenna, makes me feel less like a giant slug. :) My last 9 burpees were almost easy. I think I may be onto something with this eating more stuff.

This video is from last week, and its rather long, sorry. I don't know how to edit yet so you get the full 7 and something minute work out. As far as being WFS(work, family, safe) umm lets just say I didn't know if was going to be videoed and made a poor choice in wardrobe. This is 30 reps of squat cleans and jerks, at 100#.


30 Clean and Jerk, 100# from Meriah on Vimeo.

I am still trying to figure out this blog thing, you should be able to leave comments. I don' t know why you can't. I am working on it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fran and a Rant

I'm still running around busy as usual and not really training. I have been having trouble in my front squats. The right side of my back feels like its about to blow when I hit 195# in sets of three. The first one goes alright but the next two are frightening. I haven't gone up in weight for fear I will really pull something. Plus its really hard! I am pretty sure I have done over 205# for three to five. But I also thought that was on vimeo but I guess that was only like 165# or 175# so maybe I really haven't done sets at 205. Hmmm. I set a max pullup record. Old record was like 11 or 12, got 16 the other day. I think I could have done more if I regripped a little better but I lost it and fell off. I am still horrible at pullups. And finally I attempted "Fran" today (21-15-9 reps of 65# thrusters and pullps for time) I was dreading this. I can't even remember the last time I did this I think it has been over 6 months but I know my time was 6:46. I was hop

This was AWESOME!

I tried the intro to trapeze a few weeks ago, but his was a lot more intense! I went to an aerial fabric dancing workshop. This was very challenging but a lot of fun. Especially because have a problem with being up high (I wouldn't say I am afraid of heights- I just happen to panic when I notice I am up high that's all). I don't think I would have been able to do this had I not gone climbing/bouldering a few weeks ago and got a little more comfortable with my strength and trusting myself.  Also I officially climbed the rope at the gym for the first time the day before, again the up high thing.  So the first picture I am doing the 'gazelle' (?)oh  I wish I had pointed my toes.  The next pictures I don't know what the moves were called but I got to do a drop.  You get your legs wrapped in the fabric (the diaper- wow uncomfortable- you can see my butt being squished), and you have to pull yourself up, pull your legs through, cross and pull legs through again.  Th

Here we go....

Today's marks the first day of a new diet experiment.  Well not entirely new, but kinda.  Lets do a little back tracking.  On my dieting/lifestyle changes in around October 2009 after attending CF Nutrition cert with Robb Wolf.  I decided to give Paleo a serious go.  Everyone had a blog talking about all these great changes upon going Paleo, weight loss, feeling great, performing well, the world becoming a new a brighter world. Well I quite frankly didn't really have any of that.  I didn't really lose any weight.  Performance did well, but I had never plateaued, so was it diet or just getting better at CF?  I will say I think it did help with my recovery and soreness, but other than that I didn't FEEL any different.  Other then when I cheated, then, then I paid a mighty price...but only sometimes.  My stomach became bipolar.  One day good eating 'good', another bad while eating 'good'.  And both of the opposites there too.  I never dropped a pound.  I f